Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Feb 9 - Hard Freeze back

Well got up to nice comfortable temps. Was able to go to the office in shirt sleeves. However by 10am the wind kicked up badly and the temps began to fall. By noon the wind chill was 31 degrees!!! Ok, I really thought we had moved to the "tropics"...hum  At least it will be back in the 70's by the weekend if all goes well.
Got licensed in TX again yesterday and today went to have the car inspected so we could plate it in TX...well after stopping at 2 differant inspection stations we were finally told that we had to go to a certain station for "out of State" vehicles...ok so we've now spent 1/2 hour driving around. We get to where we were sent and check in...we told them we needed an inspection and we also wanted our tired filled with Nitrogen....ok we are 3rd vehicle in line for "service". Aahh. fresh coffee and a warm place to sit and wait..not bad, we are happy to be getting this done!! Well almost 2 hours later we are informed that our NEW 2010 Chevy Malibu does NOT pass inspection!!! Ok, I'm mad..now what is the problem..??? Oh the wiper blades are not very good...hum. Ok so I tell them to replace them...well much to my surprise, my 2010 Chevy Malibu has WEIRD wiper blades and they don't carry them...ok now what am I to do...well after a few phone calls by the service man, I'm told he could have some delivered for around $53...again I'm in shock and getting pretty upset (who me?? No I don't get upset). I kinda gruffly tell the man this is NOT exceptable and he should find them cheaper and get it done!! Ok, more phone calls...he says he can have a pair (which are differant sizes on each side of the car) for $32...well I've had it, I'm tired of waiting, coffee is now gone and I want to get this day over with so I tell him to get them installed and finish the inspection so I can get to the bureau and get my plates!! I'm then told it will take another 15-20 minutes for the store to deliver them. Ok, Marshall has a bad soar throat and did not bring his medicine along. He is getting upset, I'm getting upset but what are we to do but wait somemore...so finally after about 3 hours and $79.84 for in $14 inspection we are done and heading home to get Marshall some medicine. We eat a bite of lunch and head to the License bureau....Not to bad of a wait surprisingly. We only had to sit about an hour there but alas we have our TX plates and we head home. OH NO, TX required 2 plates, back and FRONT..oh yeah forgot, the 2010 Chevy Malibu does NOT have a front plate bracket.....ok, another trip out tomorrow to find a bracket so we can mount the front plate!!!  Oh the life of moving from state to state!! Its got to end.....

No comments:

Post a Comment